May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Purpose of NASA Is Not To Explore Space

National Aeronautical and Space Administration. Space is the operative word here. The new NASA Administrator Charles Bolden reset the missions of NASA:
"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator - [Obama] charged me with three things," Bolden said. "One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering."

Not explore space or create aeronautical engineering marvels, but to help Muslims feel good about themselves. Oh, and help the world learn "Kumbayah". Ahhhhh, group hug.

From an interview "Talk to Al Jazeera" Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

No comments: