May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Morning Thoughts

"The real problem of the Christian life comes where people do not usually look for it. It comes the very moment you wake up each morning. All your wishes and hopes for the day rush at you like wild animals. And the first job each morning consists simply in shoving them all back; in listening to that other Voice, taking that other point of view, letting that other larger, stronger, quieter life come flowing in, all day." C S Lewis

Take a minute or two each morning, and listen to God. First thing when I sit up in the morning, I say the Lord's prayer. It opens the heart and ears to God's plan, and love, for us that day.

That way you're in tuned all day. I like being aware of His presence throughout the day.
From the hymns:

"I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells m I am His own.
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known." -Charles Miles



"He lives, He lives! Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives! He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart." -Alfred Ackley

No comments: