May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sent to Represent

By the way elected representatives are acting, it's clear they think they are sent to rule. Really, charging for entry to townhall meetings, meetings by invitation only, teleconference meetings by invitation only, shouting down the people that dare question them, calling their constituents Nazis, fascists, mobs, racists and whatever else.

This following exchange at a meeting of some radical leftists and Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) is indicative of the mindset of politicians.

"MASSA: Listen, I tell every audience I’m in favor of single payer.

PARTICIPANT: If there was eighty twenty in the room?

MASSA: If there was a single payer bill?

PARTICIPANT: And there was a single payer….

MASSA: I will vote for the single payer bill.

PARTICIPANT: Even if it meant you were being voted out of office?

MASSA: I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I am doing is going to be helpful.

Massa: I will vote against their opinion if I actually believe it will help them."

The American people, see, are too stupid to know what's good for them.

No comments: