May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Service and Helping Others Through Christ


Our Faith, Christianity, is very much about service. Sometimes we see the world falling apart around us, see the increasing suffering, hatred and intolerance, hunger for food and God (many deny the latter) and just want to just give up on it all. Christ never gives up on us.  Sometimes all we need to do is be cheerful, loving and holy; living in imitation of Christ as best we can. That holiness spreads. You can be the pebble in the pond that spreads love and service.



If I can help somebody, as I pass along,
If I can cheer somebody, with a word or song,
If I can show somebody, how they're travelling wrong,
Then my living shall not be in vain.

Chorus:
My living shall not be in vain,
Then my living shall not be in vain
If I can help somebody, as I pass along,
Then my living shall not be in vain.

If I can do my duty, as a good man ought,
If I can bring back beauty, to a world up wrought,
If I can spread love's message, as the Master taught,
Then my living shall not be in vain.

I can do all things in God who strengthens me (Phil 4:13)
All things are possible to him who believes (Mk 9:23)
For man it is impossible, but not with God, for all things are possible with God (Mk 10:27)



No comments: