May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Obama & Lincoln, Palin & Paul Revere

Alvan E. Bovay

Remember when Palin made a statement about Paul Revere, saying he had warned the British about American forces waiting for them? The Jurassic Press went nuts, stating everywhere this shows just how stupid she is. This is the meme of Leftists, that their opponents are stupid. Even when Paul Revere’s own accounting of the event proved Palin right, the Jurassic Press just ignored it and kept beating the ‘Palin is stupid’ drum.

Revere’s own words:
“I observed a Wood at a Small distance, & made for that. When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back,and orderd me to dismount;-one of them, who appeared to have the command, examined me, where I came from,& what my Name Was? I told him. it was Revere, he asked if it was Paul? I told him yes He asked me if I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He demanded what time I left Boston?I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up. He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us, when all five of them came down upon a full gallop; one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name, & told me he was going to ask me some questions, & if I did not give him true answers, he would blow my brains out. He then asked me similar questions to those above. He then orderd me to mount my Horse, after searching me for arms.”
 The reason I bring this up is because in his ‘more spending’ speech a couple nights ago he said Abraham Lincoln was the founder of the Republican Party. I’m hearing crickets from the area of the Jurassic Press. The Republican Party was formed on February 28, 1854 by Alvan E. Bovay in Wisconsin. The reason it was formed was to block legislation allowing slavery in new territories. The pro-slavery Democrat Party, aligned with the South lost the Civil War, and was the out party for many years. African Americans voted Republican for decades after.

Still hearing crickets. Remember too that Palin was speaking conversationally, and Obama was reading his teleprompter. No doubt it was the teleprompter’s fault.

By the way, these are the same knuckleheads that just had a hoot and holler when Palin said one of her favorite authors was C.S. Lewis; she reads children’s books! How stupid is she? Of course, when it was pointed out Lewis was one of the foremost theologians and Christian apologists of the 20th century, they just forged ahead with Palin is stupid.

“Stupid is as stupid does.”   

No comments: