May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Evan Sayet - Hating What's Right (vid)

Evan Sayet - Hating What's Right: How the Modern Liberal Winds Up on the Wrong Side of Every Issue



This is a must see. An hour, even so please please please give this a listen. My political IQ was vaulted up. I understand much better why leftists call anyone that disagrees fascist, Nazi, racist, bigot, homophobe, imperialist, why 9/11 was America's fault, why so many Jews are Democrats when that is essentially an anti-Semite Party, and why they are an anti-Semite party. There is much here. Why talk radio is conservative and liberals always fail and keep trying to impose the Fairness Doctrine. Since I've begun blogging, I've become even more stunned that videos of people saying something isn't acceptable evidence. A document isn't acceptable evidence. That cold hard facts don't make any difference at all in a debate. Now I know why. Conservatives must watch for a better understanding of the opposition. Leftists with any courage for self evaluation need to listen to this.

In 1980 I was listening to Reagan speak, and I was a Marxist at the time. He said something, and in that moment, I realized that I was being intellectually lazy and dishonest. The only thing I knew about Conservatism was what other Leftists said about them. Beyond the occasional program or essay by W F Buckley, I did not know of, or had read any Conservative writer. Listen to this guy. Skip the nap or TV show. This is important.

One last point is at the end. We Conservatives (and I'll add Christians) must no longer take the slanders of the Left, but speak up, at that moment and challenge. Leftist will always loose the argument, and at the end he'll tell you why they will always loose an argument.

No comments: