May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Theolgy, Intellect, Church

I’ve noticed the past couple years that the theology I study is okay, but I’m really not challenging myself. I’ve always noticed, since I was brought back to the Faith, that most people attending church, professing Christianity, don’t pursue gaining knowledge from the great Christian thinkers; that somehow the warm fuzzies we get from the music and message on Sunday morning is sufficient. We’re glad they are in the church and doing good works. We understand not all have my passion for theology. Still, we need to keep religious thought alive by keeping it in our lives.

Are we making this a challenge to our young people to know and comprehend our religious heritage? God brings us, when we are ready, to knowing him though emotions, experience, tradition, intellect, whatever way He needs to. Fr Barron has a good point here, that we must, no matter what way God embraces us, to teach and pursue with our minds, as well as our hearts, his Truth.

I think it’s so important that we all be able to verbalize our beliefs. Actions do speak louder than words, but if God is leading someone to Him, and we are His vessels, some may need to hear the words too. I did. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByC5hbuinb8


No comments: