May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What? There's Homeless During a Democrat Administration?

Usually I ignore homeless stats because the Dems and Jurassic Press only report and make an issue of them during Republican administrations. The numbers are inflated two or three times to lie and embarrass. I'm going to do the same here and suggest the following numbers are twice as bad as what's reported, but to get closer to the truth.

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development is reporting the percentage of rural or suburban homelessness rose from 23 percent to 32 percent, though a percentage of what is not explained (Jurassic Press doesn't know how to write either), just that this was an annual survey of the past year. The number of sheltered homeless families grew from about 473,000 to 517,000.

A couple stories concerned me. A woman that worked at a shelter and lived there was again homeless because the shelter was closed. It concerns me a person would make a life of being homeless. Another story, relating to the increase of homeless Latinos (read Undocumented Democrats [UD] AKA illegal immigrants), a man had to speak through an interpreter. It seriously time for Undocumented Democrats to go home. More jobs for Americans. Nadia Marin-Molina, executive director of the Workplace Project, a Latino advocacy group for Undocumented Democrats, said Mexico or Central America UD's have limited access to government-run shelters and depend on shelters and groups like hers.

I'm sorry people are homeless. I've been there myself. I got two low paying jobs, lived in friends' living rooms until I could afford to move on, careful not to overstay my welcome. I'm sorry too that a majority of Americans bought into Obama and elected him. Now we have to pay the price with increased homelessness, increased foreclosures, increased failed companies, frozen wages, increased layoffs, and a $13 Trillion dollar debt as of this post. That's about $43,000 per citizen.

No comments: