May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just Stuff Rolling Around in Mine Head

I hear a woman, a smoker, coughing her lungs out, you can hear them gurgling, and someone near by says to her, "You have asthma, don't you think you ought to quit smoking?" The smoker, in between hacking gurgles, says, "Smoking doesn't affect my asthma."

A person walking by me today that I haven't seen in awhile, asks my take on the economy. I say it's dire. Since the inauguration of Pres Obama, world wealth has dropped about 22 trillion dollars. I noted that during the campaign he attacked the wealth producers, and now he's in power to take away their wealth. So these investors and wealth creators have just withdrawn their money, put it on the sidelines to protect themselves (a main cause of world stock markets plummeting). Someone nearby catches a part of the conversation, asks me to say it again. After a little clarification, she says those rich people shouldn't have all that money, it should be taken away and we should all be middle class. The ignorance of the statement took my breath away, I flopped around on the floor gasping for some sense and intelligence. Yikes!

Pres Obama signed another Porkulas bill today, over 8500 earmarks and an increase of 8 percent over last year's budget. There are audios all over the place of him during the campaign and right after his inauguration saying he'll get rid of earmarks period. He signed the bill in private. Eight percent increase. If you, personally are in debt, would you deliberately increase your debt by eight percent? When was the last time any of us got an eight percent raise? Ummmmm, never.

In Connecticut a couple knucklehead politicians tried to pass a bill that would have the state government take over the finances of the Catholic Church diocese. Not much was said in the press of course. Could you image the outrage! if the Church said the Connecticut legislature was fiscally irresponsible and wanted to place it under Church law and control? Separation of church and state don't ya know. Street sign for that concept. "One Way"

I love my church. It's 'people' for those of you not churched. Focus on people, not an institution. I feel bad or sad when I can't make it to choir practice on Wednesday nights. Sunday service fills my spirit, and Communion is the most important event (we serve every Sunday) of every week. Choir practice tonight.

I occasionally visit a Liberal blog, and read the repetitious drivel. Evil Republicans, neanderthal Christians, scumbag wealth producers and various other capitalist running dogs blah blah blah. Christians bad, Islamofasists good. I ventured a comment on one, the blogger runs a pretty civil site, about FDR's administration being a failure. "Simply Amy" can attest to the vitriol that one must suffer if you're a Conservative, or horror of horrors a Christian, and offer a different point of view. There was a response, what an outrage to say something so untruthful! Not worded that way. That section of the blog disappeared, so I couldn't respond there, but I'll be doing a mention of FDR and the failed New Deal in a later blog.

Favorite new joke: What do you call a banana with a zipper?
A fruit fly.

No comments: