May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Seven Faces of Dr. Obama, The Doctor of Ego and Deceit

When we listen to Obama, it’s hard to get passed the first person pronoun “I”. He talks about “I” directed whatever to happen, an investigation, a change in policy, an executive order. That’s if he thinks it’s a good thing (often it’s not) and if it’s a bad thing it’s usually somebody else’s fault, usually the ‘wascally Republicans’ and specifically George Bush.

The latest and greatest example of his monument chest thumping ego was his statement after the bin Laden kill:
“Tonight, I can report . . . And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta . . . I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden . . . I met repeatedly with my national security team . . . I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action. . . . Today, at my direction . . . I’ve made clear . . . Over the years, I’ve repeatedly made clear . . . Tonight, I called President Zardari . . . and my team has also spoken. . .These efforts weigh on me every time I, as Commander-in-Chief . . . Finally, let me say to the families . . . know that it has, at times, frayed. . . .”

I can’t remember any president using this pronoun so much. Usually presidents say ‘this administration’, US policy, or some third person identification.

Look at some of the things the “I” president has directed. These are things he was against when he ran for president and for now, but “I” directed them. It’s a pretty amazing list.
He was against Gitmo, a tremendous recruiting tool for al-Qaeda,” yet has kept it open and used intelligence gathered there. He was against rendition, This means ending the practices of shipping away prisoners in the dead of night to be tortured in far-off countries, of detaining thousands without charge or trial, of maintaining a network of secret prisons to jail people beyond the reach of law.” “That will be my position as president. That includes renditions.”  “I” has kept the program running and uses intell gathered from that practice. He ran against military tribunals, but when he went against the will of the American people and tried to try apply civilian legal rights to terrorists and got toasted for it, well, “I” directed maybe military tribunals weren’t such a bad thing after all. He was against the “surge” in Iraq, “I don’t know any expert on the region or any military officer that I’ve spoken to privately that believes that that is going to make a substantial difference on the situation on the ground.” “Here’s what we know. The surge has not worked.” Of course it did, and he became all for it after he became president. He was against overseas wiretaps. Want to guess what he’s for and uses now?

Since he’s come to power, he’s having traveling women, children and babies fondled in public, in airports. “I” certainly doesn’t seem to respect the rights of citizens’ privacy, especially those that he has identified as the most vulnerable in our society, at least when he was campaigning.

He often does what is antithetical for the good of this country because of his Marxist pro-Muslim ideology, but thinks such things make him look good, and that inflates his ego. Self aggrandizement, hypocrisy, and ego lie at the core of his presidency. This man-child puts himself before country.  

1 comment:

S.R. Piccoli said...

Actually, that's kinda depressing...