May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Friday, May 27, 2011

Rest, Be Still, and Trust

Sometimes it’s hard to trust in the Lord. Then I wonder why. As all my friends know, I suffer vertigo, and most times it’s really nasty. I had scheduled today and yesterday off as vacation and in the late morning prior to my days off, I was stricken, the vertigo came on so strong, I had to leave work early. When this happens, the only thing is to rest, and let it pass.

God’s ‘still waters’. At the same time, there’s a lot of things on my mind; mind, heart and soul are wrestling with so many issues, I’m finding that I’m stressing myself out. I’ve found that I’m by the still waters, in the green pastures, and it’s given me time to pray and meditate. Lots of prayer. I’ve got to ask, so why is it so hard just to trust in the Lord? Good grief, how many things do we project in to future, how many imaginings do we get ourselves worked up? How often does that stuff really happen? Not much.

My previous post, a prayer for the Midwest and all they are suffering, needs to be applied personally too. It’s all in God’s hands, and really, He knows what He’s doing. I’ve been worked up about so many things the past two or three weeks, stressing myself out, and now I’m becoming calmer. God says to me, be still, be patient, trust Me, listen to Me. What’s not to trust? These five days off could not have come at a better time, and I’m grateful.



http://youtu.be/Co6HXUN19AY

No comments: