May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Friday, July 17, 2009

Spend Money So You Don't Go Bankrupt

Joe Biden has given us all a formula for living the life of our dreams. If you have a high debt, get your credit cards out and run it up even higher! Wow! Why haven't I thought of that? I think this weekend I'll go out and buy the new CTS I've been wanting, go down to the Strip and see "Lion King", oh hell, I'll just go buy that $300,000 house down Green Valley Pkwy I've been eying, and get the latest Apple computer ('cause I'm sick of Windows).

Joe Biden, knucklehead motormouth VP, spoke at an AARP gathering, where, by the way, people had to be bussed in because no one wants to hear this guy, actually said, "... we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt..."

Here's a bit more: “And folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable...”

“It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially.”

“We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation.”

“Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’” “The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you."

Starting with Bush passing TARP, the rush has been on. We had to pass TARP or the economy will crash. We passed it and the economy crashed. Great success there. Then the stimulus package. Had to get it passed, or the economy will crash. Anybody see anything stimulated? (There were some 'financial benefits' to Obama supporters of course, so yeah, I guess that's stimulus of a sort.) Then the 'Cap and Tax' that nobody read. It wasn't even printed yet, and it was passed. That had to be because Pelosi said there would be world wide famine and fires and earthquakes oh my. Now we have to have government run health care or the economy will crash. What? That again?

I'm going shopping, then ask our Dear Leader for a bailout.

No comments: