May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Neighborhood Watch Can Get You A Lot Of Grief

The woman that called in the possible break in of racist professor Gates home, has been, not surprisingly, called a racist by leftist blogs and media. That charge was based on the accusation that when she called 911 she said a black man or men were breaking in.

Problem is, she never said it. Like Obama popping off not knowing what happened, race baiter's and race hustlers popped off and hadn't even heard the call. The police report (a summary of the event) said two black men were involved; she didn't say it. She said, when asked by the 911 operator, that she thought one of the men might be Hispanic (she has Portuguese ancestry herself).

Lucia Whalen, the good citizen that was helping protect her neighbor: "The criticism at first was so painful I was frankly afraid to say anything. People called me racist. Some even said threatening things that made me fear for my safety," "I knew the truth, but I didn't speak up right away because I did not want to add to the controversy."

"I am proud to have been raised by two loving parents who instilled in me values including love one another, be kind to strangers and do not judge people based on race, ethnicity or any other feature than their character."

"I was called racist and I was a target of scorn and ridicule because of the things I never said." "The criticism hurt me as a person, but it also hurt the community of Cambridge."

"I've had much reflection on that, and, yes, I would make the call." "If you're a concerned citizen, you should do the right thing."

The professor and the president should show so much grace. Neither of them did the right thing, and both made judgments based on race.

No comments: