May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Saturday, March 12, 2011

All Is Well With My Soul

Jesus Calming Stormy Sea
We have a moral obligation to be happy. It’s because when a person is mad or upset, displaying unhappiness, it’s the negative pebble in the pond that keeps ringing out. Much better to be the happy pebble. I tell this to people as often as I can. A lot of people struggle with this, and it may be because of the lack serenity. I know I deal with my “little rages” much better than I used to. Jesus has calmed me since my acceptance of Him and my involvement in Church. Jesus calmed the stormy sea of my soul. Does it still sometimes get a bit choppy. Yes. Does it stay that way so long I get angry and panicky like I used to? No.

Many want to change the world without changing themselves. They want world peace but fight and argue with their spouses and loved ones. We create unrealistic expectations, and become upset, lack serenity, when they don’t develop. We strive to become more like someone we admire, causing us to be other than ourselves that God gifted us with, and we lack serenity because of it. Often we aren't silent and listen to God's still small voice. All the times we lack serenity is when we don’t let God fill our soul, and make it well.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaar6Ij55ig
 
The Serenity Prayer
GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things  I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life, and supremely happy with Him forever in the next.
             Amen
(This prayer has been attributed to a lot of people, but the original author is unknown.)

More of The Issacs on peace. This one will just make you smile and smile. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh4amutBFkA

No comments: