May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Thursday, October 30, 2008

What’s the Job of the US President?

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I don't see anywhere in here about the President of the United States redistributing wealth, providing hope (I'll place my hope in God, not man, and especially not a man), bringing change (especially change to fit a particular ideology). I don't want either candidate to bring change. Neither of them will anyway. I look at that oath, and I want only to see a president that will be commander in chief that will build and maintain a kick ass military, secure the borders, ensure law enforcement protects its citizens. That's all folks. No more than that. Keep the *%*^*^ ing government out of my life!!! Both candidates.

No comments: