May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Prayer

O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the Sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your
glory.

Because Your lovingkindness is
Better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
Thus I will bless You while I
live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with
marrow and fatness.
And my mouth shall praise you
with joyful lips.

When I remember You on my
bed,
I meditate on You in the night
watches.
Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your
wings I will rejoice.
My soul follows close behind
You;
Your right hand upholds me.
Psalms 63

No comments: