May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Monday, April 20, 2009

My Tea Party Experience

The MSM (Main Stream Media) has been lying lying lying about what happened and who went. This ties in to civility too. Following are a few sentences from Janeane Garofalo. We Conservatives have found out that 'teabagging' is apparently some kind of nasty sexual activity. I'm afraid to ask, but even award winning MSM media types are happy to use it and chuckle. How come they know what it is?

Garofalo: "You know, there's nothing more interesting than seeing a bunch of
racists become confused and angry at a speech they're not quite certain
what he's saying. It sounds right and then it doesn't make sense.
Which, let's be very honest about what this is about. It's not about
bashing Democrats, it's not about taxes, they have no idea what the
Boston tea party was about, they don't know their history at all. This
is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight
up. That is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. And there is no
way around that. And you know, you can tell these type of right wingers
anything and they'll believe it, except the truth. ...the limbic brain
inside a right-winger or Republican or conservative or
your average white power activist, the limbic brain is much larger in
their head space than in a reasonable person, and it's pushing against
the frontal lobe. So their synapses are misfiring. Is Bernie Goldberg
listening?

Later she goes on about the Klan and Fox News, etc.

Here's my experience. Myself, I'm a Viet Nam Army vet, plus served four years in the Navy. I put myself through college. I was stoned for fifteen years and cleaned up my act. And for those of you that know me, or read my blog, know that I'm not stupid, uniformed, a follower, or a racist. Here are two more of many examples of the kind of people I met there. When a woman next to me said she was a Vet, I asked who she served with. She was in the first MASH unit with the first division that landed in Viet Nam. She was a nurse at that time. She was there for four years, and served her internship there and became a doctor. Does this sound like a stupid uninformed person? A mindless follower? The second person was a Filipino woman. She started talking about Marcos, and what he had done to her country. Then she said, that is what is being done to our (she said "my") country right now, and she started crying. She couldn't stand the idea of having to go through that kind of treatment and oppression again. You tell me. Does this sound like a stupid mindless person?

I'm so angry at the lies; even people I know and cherish and call friend, say these insidious things about the tea parties and the ones that attended.

Which leads to a note about civility. The Leftists say the Right does it too...not a justification; two wrongs don't... It's the difference between a pebble in a large pond (the Right) and a boulder in a puddle (the Left). That boulder crushes lives. I've chronicled here the incredible vile personal insults to Sarah Palin, her family, and daughter. Wishing McCain would die from his skin cancer. When Nancy Reagan fell and broke her hip there was laughter and hoping it hurt like hell. Hoping Dick Cheney would have another heart attack and it would kill him. What's Mrs. Cheney thinking about that? These are the people that tell use they're the sensitive ones and care about people.

No comments: