May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dickens on Christmas

'There seems a Magic in the very name of Christmas." - Boz

"What's Christmas time to you but a time for paying bills without money; a time for finding yourself a year older, but not an hour richer. ... If I could work my will every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding. and buried with a stake of Holly through his heart."

"Our invariable custom ... everybody sits down with us on Christmas Eve, as you see them now - servants and all; and here we wait, until the clock strikes 12, to usher Christmas in, and beguile the time with forfeits and old stories." - Mr. Wardle

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future" -Scrooge

(My most favorite Christmas card ever said, "Steven, thank you for keeping the spirit of Christmas alive all year.") Let's all keep the Magic all year!

No comments: