May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Shepard Will Supply My Need

We sang this in church today and I was moved by it's comforting words and beautiful melody.

http://youtu.be/KPcBRJpF-Vw


My Shepherd will supply my need, 
Jehovah is His name. 
In pastures fresh He makes me feed, 
Beside the living stream. 

He brings my wand’ring spirit back, 
When I forsake His ways. 
And leads me for His mercy’s sake 
In paths of truth and grace. 

When I walk through the shades of death 
Thy presence is my stay. 
One word of Thy supporting breath 
Drives all my fears away. 

Thy hand in sight of all my foes, 
Doth still my table spread. 
My cup with blessings overflows, 
Thine oil anoints my head. 

The sure provisions of my God 
Attend me all my days. 
O may Thy house be my abode, 
And all my work be praise. 

There would I find a settled rest, 
While others go and come. 
No more a stranger nor a guest, 
But like a child at home. 

My Shepherd will supply my need.

~~Isaac Watts

No comments: