May each of you have the heart to conceive, the understanding to direct, and the hand to execute works that will leave the world a little better for your having been here. -- Ronald Reagan

Monday, July 28, 2008

That’s Why I Fell In Love With You Mulder

I went and saw X-Files "I Want to Believe". What I couldn't believe is that I sat in an ice box of a theater watching this. Nothing mysterious, supernatural or alien. A psychic guy. Serial Murders. That's it. What? The "that's why I fell in love with you ..." was the same issue that kept Scully and Mulder apart. Which reminded me of some wit's observation of the 'rules of reversal' that works in relationships. The rule is that the things that draw us together are the very things that drive us apart. I'll provide a couple of examples, see if you can add any others. "You have a great sense of humor, you're so funny" becomes "you don't take anything seriously"; "you're so smart, well read and knowledgeable becomes "you think you know everything don't you?"... so it goes. Think of any others?

No comments: